Critical Importance of Data Science as an adhesive for advancement in Economic and Educational sector
Data is needed to engineer the products that cater to the users. It is what makes the product usable. Data Science is a recent terminology. The advent of computing processes, analytical tools, and cloud storage gave birth to Data science with the incorporation of statistics. Data Science churns the raw data into meaningful insights. The principle purpose of data science is to find patterns in data, extracting, wrangling and pre-processing data.
A data Scientist has the following professional capabilities :
- Is well-versed with problem-solving
- Uses statistical techniques for analyzing and drawing insights from data.
- Scrutinize the data thoroughly
- Makes predictions from data
- Derives conclusion from data
- assist companies in making smarter decisions related to Business.
- Dig out essential information with whatever relevant data he comes across
- Makes fruitful data-driven decisions
- Uses analytical aptitude to solve business problems
- Draw insights from recognized redundant samples
- Collects, stores, and maintain the data (structured and unstructured)
Importance of Data Science :
The decision-making process has been simplified in the computerized age in which complex statistical problems are solved via computers, and with the proliferation of data, companies started to realize its value. It boosts customer experience and feasibility in various ways, for which Industries sought experts capable of unholstering data, which could help them in making the right decisions for Business and eventually maximizing their profits.
Data science gives companies the opportunity to act according to the customer’s behaviour (based on their purchasing pattern). It helps the companies in boosting their revenue and helping them to craft better quality products for clients.
Bio-engineering and Bioinformatics have revolutionized medical research, with the introduction of particularly CRISPR-Cas9 technology, which has made genome editing possible. Other applications such as 3D Printing and Robotics are the game changers for engineers and manufacturers alike.
Cooperations are moving towards the novel approach in risk assessment and management, using Data Science, which is a promising interdisciplinary field about systems and processes for extracting knowledge and insight from data in a variety of forms.
Machine Learning in Data Science focuses on developing algorithms enabling systems to take massive data, generating predictions and improving automated abilities. So the system can identify hidden patterns and can adapt depending upon experience whenever it is exposed to new data. It does so by studying the data, for e.g., transaction records, traffic data or customer information etc., which subsequently can help companies to determine a suitable course of action.
Machine Learning (coupled with Artificial Intelligence applications) is a basic centrepiece for running high profile startups, including BlackThorn Therapeutics, Spark Cognition, Vacasa and Samsara (at the international level), which raised a very high amount of funding, a key indicator of the future potential of AI.
Artificial Intelligence greatly contributes to a nation’s defence system, telecommunications, healthcare and governance, contributing in changing the destiny of the economy.
The world is discernibly shifting toward a mechanized technological version of itself, and Pakistan can put its footing in a similar direction by nurturing awareness of data science, hence creating opportunities for the public to apply technological skills, helping the country to secure a prosperous position in future.
What is BS in Data Science
By the time of graduation, the students of BS Data Science develop an ability to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and computing that is compatible with the program.
- Analyze a problem and identify computing requirements that are appropriate for the solution.
- Design and evaluate a computer-based system, component or process of program to meet desired needs.
- Work in a team to accomplish the goal.
- Understand professional, social and ethical, issues and responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with the audience.
- Learn related programming for large-sized datasets.
- Identify hidden and useful patterns from data.
- Change the world for the better in areas like education, healthcare and transportation using computational skills.
- Mining data and improving decision-making skills.
Following are the areas of study in which a data scientist gets the basic knowledge:
- Calculus and Analytical Geometry
- Big Data Analytics
- Object-oriented Programming
- Communication and Presentation Skills
- Data Analysis using SQL
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- IMDb Movie Assignment
- Inferential Statistics
- Credit EDA Case Study
- Machine Learning and Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Clustering (Unsupervised Learning)
- Business Problem Solving
- Lead Scoring
- Tree models
- Principle Component Analysis
- Model Selection and General ML Techniques
- Bagging and Boosting
- Advanced Regression
- Neural Networks
- Time Series Analysis
- Capstone Project
- Gesture Recognition
- SQL Practices
- Data Modeling
- Advanced Excel
- Big Data and Cloud
- Hive and Querying
- Hive Case Study
- Visualisation using Tableau
- Sports Analytics
- Visualization using Plotly and PowerBI
- Capstone Project
- Data Storytelling
- Cloud and AWS Setup
- Hadoop MapReduce Programming
- Data Ingestion with Apache Flume and Apache Sqoop
- Data Warehousing
- Hive and Querying
- Optimizing Spark for Large Scale Data Processing
- Real-Time Data Processing
- Real-Time Data Streaming with Apache Kafka
- Data structures and systems
- Computer Organization and Assembly Language
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Technical and Business writing
- Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence
- Operating Systems
- Data mining
- Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Information Security.
Data science in Pakistan
Data science is amongst the most cutting-edge and sought skills in the world today. The technology-centred world has paved its way into the fourth Industrial Revolution (fusion of the Internet of Things, Quantum Computing, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and more).
Consistent development in electronics and telecommunication paves its way to the possibility of a variety of tasks in the computational medium, which affects all the sectors, including healthcare, agriculture, management, economics and many more.
Analytical training and Data literacy workshops make the organizations robust, helping them to scale more swiftly. This concerted effort makes Pakistan to crafting a better trading policy, driving export-oriented growth (through independent data analysis and openness of data), boosting regional trade, Better marketing, customer acquisition and innovation etc.By the end of 2022, and 42% of the task are expected to be performed by machines or algorithms and 58% by humans.
Some prominent initiatives in Pakistan are already sharing the same enthusiasm for aiding the knowledge of analytics and data science. “ Open Data Pakistan” is one special startup portal for storing and sharing data, which is accessed by multiple parties, including NGOs, government and researchers alike. The data is divided into broader domains, e.g., finance, economics, public safety, health sciences, science and technology etc. Such a platform for data sharing makes sturdy amounts of data available for interpretation, analysis and prognosis.
The Centre for Economic Research in Pakistan (CERP) is an organization having a data-driven policy that employs a state-of-the-art data analytics to aid private companies in revamping their process design and products, hence
minimizing the company’s losses and maximizing the company’s efficiency.
Digital Pakistan is another initiative aiming to create a blooming digital ecosystem for public welfare by introducing up-to-date technology in essential sectors such as Education, Policies, Health and E-Governance.
Data science is inarguably a means to attain success, and its value is expected to increase consistently. World Economic Forum emphasized this idea by discussing the landscape of jobs and painting a picture of expected outcomes in coming years.
Robotics and Machine Learning Technologies are predicted to rise with increasing job opportunities. Jobs now are more skill-oriented rather than preferring academic intellect.
Artificial Intelligence and Data Analyst Engineering jobs are amongst the top emerging roles by 2022. Almost all of the professions pivot around 4IR (4TH Industrial Revolution). The take-away from this are initiatives that have been introduced in Pakistan are yet not enough, and further investment in learning, awareness and advancement is needed, and the emerging startups are needed to be supported and advocated by the public and government.
Universities offering BS data Science in Pakistan.
The institutes which are aiming toward equipping Pakistan with the latest skillset of data science is of indispensable importance. Following are the names of Institutions offering Degree in Data Science in Pakistan :
- The University of Faisalabad
- The Islamia University of Bahawalpur
- University of Sciences and Technology Bannu
- University of Haripur
- National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Islamabad.
- University of Kotli
- Hazara University Mansehra
- University of Okara
- Institute of Management Sciences
- University of Engineering and Technology Peshawar.
- Khawaja Fareed University of Engineering and Information Technology Rahim Yar Khan
- University of Sialkot
- Gift University Gujranwala
- Capital University of Science and Technology Islamabad
- Ripha International University Islamabad
- Institute of Business Management Karachi
- Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology Karachi
- Zia-ud-din Medical University Karachi
- Minhaj University Lahore
- National College of Business Administration and Economics, Lahore
Is data science a good career
Yes, Data Science is a promising career with versatile opportunities for advancement in the future. Already salaries are competitive, and the perks are numerous.
Data science jobs are fast-growing and in-demand technology. Salaries for professionals in this field have risen, which translates into the ability to relocate nationally and internationally.