Ways to keep yourself healthy and its impact on productivity. Health is defined as a state of physical, mental, spiritual, and social wellbeing, that is maintained by following an optimized routine and keeping preventive measures under consideration to reduce the possibility of diseases.
A healthy lifestyle helps you thrive throughout your life. Making healthy choices is not that much easy sometimes. It is hard to manage time for healthy activities in some stages of your life. We have demanding and busy lives because of which we feel pulled in diverted directions. But learning to balance your life pays off with huge benefits- better health and a healthy outlook
Mentioned below are the steps which pay off in many ways if you practice them
- Be physically active for about 30 minutes, most days of the week. This healthy movement may include yoga, running, sports other physical activities you may enjoy.
- Eat a low-fat, well-balanced diet with a proper portion of vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Choosing a diet that is low in cholesterol, saturated fat and keeping concerned about moderation in the usage of sugar, salt, and total fat should be your approach.
- Do not smoke or quit doing so (if you are involved in it).In serious situations, asking your health care provider for help is the best way out for smoking cessation and relapse prevention.
- Brush your teeth after meals and consider using dental floss as well.
- Use sunglasses and SPF 15 or higher in intense sunlight.
- Stay in touch with family and friends, and be involved with your community.
- Do the things that make you happy in your spare time.
- Keep yourself involved in lifelong learning to avoid distractions and to keep your mind occupied with good.
- Learn the strategies to manage and recognize stress in your life. Signs of stress include abnormal short temper, trouble sleeping, stomach problems, turning to drugs and food to relieve stress. Some people find the interaction with the faith community to be the source of help in a stressful time.
- Prefer exercising regularly. Adopt healthy habits including relaxation exercises, deep breathing, and meditation.
- Talk to trusted family members for catharsis, it helps a lot.
- Get complete sleep and rest.
- Talk to your health care provider if you constantly feel sad and empty. It can be a sign of depression.
Health and its impact on student’s productivity:
Research has revealed a deep relationship between academic achievement and health. Studies have shown a significant correlation between health problems and academic performance such as depression, anxiety, obesity, chronic stress, violence, unhealthy eating, substance abuse, and inactivity. The direct effect of such health-related problems includes grade retention, poor concentration, absenteeism, and even semester dropout. These factors also revealed the academic risk related to health risks.
Educational institutions should be enabling a proper environment including a support system and services for the promotion of student’s health collectively. Comprehensive health services positively contribute to the productive academic performance of students. The University of Faisalabad contributes in this regard with multiple interventions including access to medical facilities and projects including health campaigns for ease and awareness.